There’s a wide variety of lip plumping products on the market – from serums, glosses, powders, lip balms, treatments and masks, to devices that plump your lips – and you’ll find just as much variety in terms of cost and purchasing location. Whether you like to buy your beauty products at your local drugstore, Target or Walmart, a department store, a beauty retailer like Ulta or Sephora, or online, there’s a lip plumping product out there for you. If you’ve never tried a lip plumper before and you’d like to learn more about them first, read our articles How to Get Fuller Lips: Your Ultimate Guide to Lip Plumping and The Best Lip Plumpers for 2019 (add link when article is published).
What Lip Plumpers are Available at My Local Drugstore?
e.l.f. Cosmetics, NYX and Maybelline are reliable beauty brands that you’ll find at most drugstores, including national retailers like Walgreen’s. Want to buy a plumper for under $10? You’ll find several good choices at Walgreen’s, Target and Walmart. Here are a few of the options, all at $10 or less:
- e.l.f. Lip Plumping Gloss: This cruelty-free gloss is one of our Best Lip Plumpers of 2019. It’s a great buy at $5, and gets 4 of 5 stars on Target.com.
- Revlon Kiss Lip Plumping Creme: Available in 4 different finishes – crème, matte, pearl and sheer, as well as 9 colors. Revlon calls their lip plumping product a “liquid lipstick” rather than a gloss. With over 700 customer reviews and 4.25 out of 5 stars on Target.com. $5.89.
- Soap and Glory Mother Pucker Lip Gloss: Another of our Best Lip Plumpers of 2019. A vegan product, available in 11 colors. $10 at Walgreens.com.
- Maybelline Lip Studio Plumper, Please! Lip Gloss: a 2-in-1 product with a lip liner and a gloss, with tingling plumping agents in both. $9.99 on Target.com.
- Physicians Formula Needle-Free Lip Plumping Cocktail: A smoothing and hydrating product, with dehydrated hyaluronic acid microspheres and caffeine to stimulate plumping. $9.79 on Walgreens.com.
- NYX Pump It Up Lip Plumper: Walmart.com offers this plumping gloss in 6 shades. It gets 4.3 out of 5 stars on their website. $5.99.
What Brands of Lip Plumpers Do Department Stores Carry?
Many of the products on our Best Lip Plumpers of 2019 will be available at department stores like Nordstrom. Department stores carry both innovative new beauty products and established cosmetic brands that have stood the test of time. The plumpers they sell range in price from $18-$38 on average, though some luxury brands can cost more. A sample of the brands you’ll find at Nordstrom.com:
- BeautyGARDE Swell Lip Volume Serum: a non-tingling lip plumping serum that you apply before any of your other lip products. In 30 days, Swell Lip Volume Serum will dramatically enhance the appearance of your lip volume, as well as their softness and smoothness. Swell gives you plump lips without the pain! The serum does not sting, burn or tingle. The formulation includes a patented combination of peptides, Revinage® BioRetinol, rehydration spheres, and NS Repair Lipids, which trap moisture in your lips to improve their hydration and increase their volume. $30.
- Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Lip Gloss: a clear plumping gloss that increases blood flow to the lips through the use of stimulating, tingling ingredients. $28.
- Dior Addict Ultra Gloss: Like the popular Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss, this product is a gloss and plumper in one. It uses hyaluronic acid spheres to increase moisture and lip volume, and comes in 5 shades. $30.
- Buxom Full-On Plumping Lip Polish: a tingling lip plumping polish with over 485 reviews and 4.75 out of 5 stars on Nordstrom.com. Nordstrom sells 8 colors of this bestselling polish. $21.
- Buxom Power Pump Lip Balm: a hydrating tinted lip balm with a silky finish, available in three shades at Nordstrom.com. $18.
- Lancôme Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Lip Replumping Balm: a lip balm with hydrating and plumping ingredients, by a long-established brand known for its quality products. $35.
- Clé de Peau Beauté The Lip Serum: this “haute couture” cosmetic brand’s plumping serum comes in a tube with a contoured applicator tip. The serum is meant to be massaged into lips with applicator. $95.
What Lip Plumpers are Available at Beauty Retailers Like Sephora or Ulta Stores?
You’ll see some overlap of products at department stores and beauty stores like Sephora and Ulta. They both carry the larger brands, though each store will have some exclusive products that will not be found at other retailers. Sephora has its own line of products, too. Here’s a sampling of lip plumping products at Sephora and Ulta:
- Catrice Volumizing Lip Booster: an Ulta exclusive. This gloss uses menthol to stimulate plumping in your lips. Available in 3 shades. A reasonably priced option at $4.99.
- Glamglow Plumprageous Matte Lip Treatment: exclusively available at Sephora. A priming lip plumper that goes on before your other lip products. With capsaicin and spearmint to stimulate plumping. $24.
- Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy Treatment:a bestselling brand available at Sephora. Hydrating and plumping balm in clear or sheer pink. $26.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Lip Shine:4 out of 5 stars on Ulta.com. Made by a highly-regarded body care brand, this lip plumping gloss comes in 12 different colors. $8.99.
- Sephora Collection Outrageous Effect Volume Lip Gloss: Sephora’s store brand, with ginger and peppermint for plumping. A high-shine lip gloss available in 2 sheer shades. $12.
- MAC Plenty of Pout Plumping Lip Gloss:with ginger root to stimulate plumping. Available in sheer light pink at Ulta.com. $18.50.
Where Can I Buy Lip Plumpers Online?
National drugstores, department stores and beauty retailers all have online stores as well. In some cases, they may have a larger selection of lip plumpers online than they have in their brick-and-mortar stores. If you see something that you like online, make sure you call ahead before you go in to pick something up at a physical store.
If you read about a lip plumper that you like, the manufacturer may also have their own online store, so it could be possible for you to purchase directly from them. This is a good way to familiarize yourself with their entire product line, and also to learn about upcoming product releases and other news from the company.
You can find plumping devices like Juvalips electronic lip plumper at retailers like amazon.com, or on Juvalips own website. Amazon.com also carries Fullips and other non-powered suction lip plumping devices.
*NOTE: Prices of all products subject to change.